While ‘nothing lasts forever’ we still want to keep things for as long as possible. Cars are no exception. I would say they are actually among the things you would like to keep in the same shape forever 😉
That’s why we’ve brought you some simple yet powerful tips to help you maintain it sharp for as long as its wheels live on this earth.
1. Keep it clean: Keeping your car clean it’s more than just making your car look nice. Since it helps with your car’s longevity by removing contaminants that cause corrosion inside your car.
2. Start Slow: Cars like us need time to get ready to roll when it’s been resting for a while. After a few hours of resting, motor oil, which lubricates your car’s engine, cools and sink to the bottom. When you start your engine after a few hours, the oil pump distributes the motor oil through the engine, but it takes a little while for all the parts to get oiled up. So, let it run a couple of minutes before you move.
3. Travel light: The less your car weighs the better it will drive. Because the more it weighs, the harder the engine, transmission, brakes, and suspension have to work. Plain and simple!
4. Be careful where you buy gas: Every time you go to your favorite gas station make a mental note and ask yourself if the gas you’re buying is filtered at the pump and also if they change the pump’s filters often. If not, it’s time to find a new station. Basically, you are exposing your car to dirty fuel.
5. Keep your car properly stored: If you are not going to use your car for a month or more we advise you to store it properly, so you can prevent unnecessary damage and repairs upon your return.